Sesame Street Music Works
FREE Sesame Street Music Works Materials!
Want to reach families? Parents signing rental agreements for a child's school music program often have a younger child ready to explore music too. Try tapping into the popularity of the world's most respected preschool children's show! NAMM's Sesame Street Music Works materials can help you reach these budding music makers, their parents and caregivers—and create a kid-friendly environment in your store.
NAMM offers FREE Sesame Street Music Works materials, including:
- The Music Works Wonders DVD, featuring interactive musical activities for 2-6 year olds led by the popular Sesame Street characters in English and Spanish.
- Colorful 3'X5' Big Bird Poster with a "Children Learn and Grow with Music" message
Libraries, doctor/dentist waiting rooms, daycare centers, dance studios, gymnastic centers, beauty salons, fitness centers, churches—wherever parents & children go, that's where you'll want to be with this information! To order your FREE Sesame Street promotional materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the goals of this program?
The program aims to...
- Show parents and caregivers the role music plays in a preschool-age child’s development
- Provide means for parents and caregivers to make music with children regardless of musical training
- Demonstrate that everyone can enjoy, make and value music
- Encourage a love of music in children during their formative years
- Illustrate musical links among cultures
Q. What are the central messages of Sesame Street Music Works?
- Children grow and learn with music
- Everyone, everywhere can celebrate with music
- We express ourselves through music
- Children learn about music by enjoying and making music
Q. How did Sesame Street Music Works come about?
NAMM, the International Music Products Association, and Sesame Workshop, the producers of Sesame Street, hosted a two-day symposium in February 2000 that assembled a broad spectrum of music education and early childhood development experts. The purpose of the gathering was to lay a conceptual groundwork and develop educational goals for a cutting-edge, multimedia Sesame Street outreach initiative in English and Spanish on music education. Leading researchers in early childhood development, education, the music-brain connection and other disciplines joined forces to design a multimedia program.
Q. What organizations are sponsoring Sesame Street Music Works?
NAMM is the founding sponsor of Sesame Street Music Works. Major support for the creation and development of Sesame Street Music Zone, the program's online component, was provided by the ChevronTexaco Foundation. The initiative was orginally co-sponsored by the National Association for Music Education (MENC), The Heckscher Foundation for Children and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).