MSN Living Features NAMM in Musical Ways for Baby Bonding
NAMM worked with MSN Living to provide research and input for this feature article, Five Musical Ways to Bond with Your Baby. NAMM Foundation Executive Director Mary Luehrsen is quoted throughout, among other research provided by NAMM.
"Even if you're sitting with your baby on your lap and you take their chubby, little hands and you clap to the rhythm, you are engaged in hands-on music-making with your baby," Luersen advises. The article is broken down into five easy to follow categories, with research and anecdotes to back up each of the five ways to nurture your babies' innate curiousity towards music.
1. Make listening to music an everyday thing.
2. Broaden your musical horizons.
3. Sing to - and with - your baby.
4. Make music a hands-on activity.
5. Sign your child up for music lessons.