Know Before You Go—8 Tips for a Great Show
1. Get settled in Anaheim with basic show information:
2. Find your way around the show with the interactive floor plan and stay up-to-date on all show activities, events and information by downloading the 2013 NAMM Show Smartphone App.
3. Discover the variety of education, training and networking opportunities so you can plan ahead:
- Retail Boot Camp on Wednesday
- NAMM Young Professionals Workshop on Wednesday
- NAMM U Breakfast Sessions daily at 8 a.m. featuring breakfast, music and Milestone Awards
- NAMM Idea Center Sessions daily
- H.O.T. (Hands-On Training) Zone Sessions daily
- USPTO Roundtable Informational Sessions on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- NAMM Foundation outreach: Generation Next and Music Education Days
- Recreational Music Making breakfast session on Friday
- NAMM-endorsed business service providers help you save money
- Technology experts help you improve efficiency at the Tech Corner
- NAMM Foundation representatives help you understand music advocacy efforts in your community—join us for a meet and greet at Thursday, 4–5 p.m. in the NAMM Foundation Lounge, Hilton 2nd level, California Ballroom
- There is an R&B Lounge for networking, relaxing or just taking a break—a second R&B Lounge is on Level 2, Room 207D
- Learn how to play the “Build a Band” Treasure Hunt game on the app to win one of three free iPad minis or one of three annual NAMM Memberships (open to buyers only)
5. Make sure to visit these unique and new areas of the show:
- The Venue in the Arena showcases the coolest, newest ways to play and learn about music
- Lounge 88 on Level 3 highlights the piano segment with a lounge area idea for networking, socializing and listening to live music performances
- The Anaheim Grand Plaza, a beautiful outdoor venue, complete with lush landscaping and scenic fountains, features live music
- The Museum of Making Music exhibit, “Treasures from the Attic,” showcases rare and unusual instruments as well as historic documents
- Find cool show gear at the NAMM Store in the main lobby
6. Check out the live music on stages around the show all day and night!
7. Hungry? The Wedge at the back of Hall D offers tasty menu items and local beers, plus the surrounding convention center halls and hotels serve up coffee and a wide selection of food.
8. Stay connected with free WiFi throughout the convention center—plus see what others are up to and post your own show experiences using social media:
- Follow "@NAMMShow" on Twitter and use the hashtag “#NAMM2013” to tag your news
- Like and tag “@The NAMM Show” on Facebook in updates connected to the show
- Title and tag YouTube videos with the keywords “NAMM Show 2013”
Bonus Tip: Have fun!