For the first time, NAMM welcomes music students, parents, music advocates and enthusiasts in the Nashville region to attend our first "Wanna Play Music Sunday" at 2010 Summer NAMM, one of the largest musical instrument and product trade shows in the country. Come and see all of the latest and greatest music and sound products under one roof!
Tickets for Sunday-only show access are $20 and can be purchased online or at the Nashville Convention Center on June 20. Receive a 50% off promo code coupon when you visit participating music stores.
Save time and avoid lines by purchasing your tickets in advance.
Click here for a complete list of workshops, locations and times.
Sample list of education session topics include:
- “Get Endorsed” Led by the top artist relations executives: Joe Hibbs (Mapex), Bob Borbonus (Taylor), Chris Gero (Yamaha), and Dick Boak (Martin)
- “Setting Up a Home Studio”
- “Garage Band Test Drive” – Whether you’re a new user or frequent user, make the most of Garage Band! Experts from Apple will be on hand to help you learn all the ins and outs of this popular music making application in a hands-on workshop.
- “Logic Pro Test Drive” Come learn the techniques directly from Apple experts
- “Effects 101: Tones, Tips and Tricks for Guitarists”
- “Getting the Best Tone from Your Amp”
Education sessions from master clinicians include:
- Drummer Johnny Rabb
- Doyle Dykes
- Victor Wooten
- Legendary guitarist Eric Struthers for the Neville Brothers and master clinician
- Plus a wrap-up performance by Victor Wooten and Eric Struthers
Additional features include:
- Twenty-minute informational sessions with renowned guitar manufacturers C.F. ‘Chris’ Martin IV, chairman and CEO of C.F. Martin & Company; and Bob Taylor, principal of Taylor Guitars.
- “The Best Band You Never Heard” event, offering musicians a chance to jam together using the “Best In Show” product of 2009 Summer NAMM called JamHub.
- The Reunion Blues Vintage Guitars Road Show. Find out from the experts what your vintage guitars might be worth.
- Free guitar re-stringing from D'Addario and Martin Guitars.
- A fast drumming competition.
And much more!
Proceeds will support music education through the NAMM Foundation’s Wanna Play Fund.
If you're a NAMM Member Retailer and need promotional fliers for your customers, be sure to login to the NAMM Web site for access to a printable PDF.
Wanna Play Celebrity Jam
You're invited to the Wanna Play Celebrity Jam on Sunday, June 20, 3 p.m. at the Nashville Renaissance Ballroom.
Join Gov. Mike Huckabee and country music stars Aaron Tippin, Louise Mandrell and John Anderson with Nashville's finest studio musicians backing them up. And you never know what surprise guests may drop by!
Come celebrate Nashville and its great music scene, while supporting the Wanna Play Fund and its commitment to music education in Nashville!
Gov. Mike Huckabee: Personal Appearance and Book Signing 10:00 a.m. –11:30 a.m. Level 1 Lobby