NAMM is looking for a reliable, A+ certified, full-time Help Desk Technician to join our IT Team. This person will be the first point of contact for employees and provide Windows and Mac Desktop support and training for all hardware and software related work requests. Serving our employees is job #1.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMM POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Help Desk Technician
Department: Information Technology
Classification: Full-time – Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Director of IT
Positions Supervised: None
Provides Windows and Mac Desktop support and training for all hardware and software related work requests.
- First point of contact for employees needing Help Desk support.
- Provide phone support for remote connections to company LAN via VPN and Terminal Server
- Provide individual and small group training for employees on use of desktop tools and programs
- Troubleshoot LAN connectivity issues
- Manage IT assets for software licensing and hardware inventory
- A+ Certification
- Excellent customer services skills
- Good problem solving, decision making skills
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Windows and Mac Desktop and Laptop systems
- Knowledge of MS Office for Windows and Mac
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, Personify, Expocad, DocLink, and Active Directory a plus
- Able to travel to trade shows and events.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trade Show operations involve a variety of working conditions including normal office, on-site work at trade shows, regular travel to NAMM Show and to other Shows, as well as other working conditions that may arise in the normal conducting of Trade Show business in the music and sound industry.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that conditions and requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Position descriptions do not create employment contracts. NAMM maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason at any time not prohibited by law.