We envision a world in which the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone; a world in which every child has a deep desire to learn music and a recognized right to be taught; and in which every adult is a passionate champion and defender of that right.
NAMM’s mission is to strengthen the music products industry and promote the pleasures and benefits of making music.
- Produce successful trade shows that serve our members and the industry, thus ensuring the growth of NAMM’s Circle of Benefits model
- Recruit and retain members by making NAMM services an invaluable tool for success
- Convene stakeholders around industry issues to provide tools and strategies to help members address challenges and pursue opportunities
- Provide relevant and high-value educational programs for NAMM members
- Promote music education as a right for all children
- Create, fund and market programs, initiatives and public relations campaigns designed to encourage of all ages to make music
- Promote and represent the shared interests of NAMM members to elected officials and policy makers in the United States
- Expand NAMM’s Circle of Benefits model by pursuing new opportunities globally
- Increase global attendance at NAMM trade shows
- Convene a global coalition of stakeholders around industry issues
Circle of Benefits
At NAMM, we strive to...
“Do the Right Thing with Respect, Passion, Humor, Teamwork and Accountability.”
Do the right thing
This requires courage, discipline and dedication, but not permission. So, just do it.
Respect builds trust and energizes people to live responsibly at work and in our world.
Passion drives creativity, innovation, commitment and loyalty.
Humor lightens the load and makes the journey more enjoyable.
Teamwork unites us in our shared Mission and fosters an open expression of ideas.
Accountability raises the bar, rewards achievement and invites us to grow.