Exhibit at Summer NAMM 2016
Numbers at a Glance
Numbers at a Glance
I come here because I’m hoping to find that next guy, that next Gibson, that next Fender, that next JBL, Electro-Voice. Somebody who’s got a 10x10 booth but with a great idea. I always want to find that little niche guy that may one day be something, and I’ll be able to say, ‘I found him.’ Plus, I've got a lot of friends here. I get to see them twice a year sometimes and this is one of the places.
Exhibitors and events received global coverage through media groups including:
- The Tennessean
- Rolling Stone
- The Associated Press article resulting in 176 individual placements
- AOL’s The Boot
- Nashville Scene
- Guitar World
- CBS news piece syndicated 22 times in markets across the U.S.
- WZTV-TV (Fox Nashville)
- WSMV-TV (NBC Nashville)
- WKRN-TV (ABC Nashville)
At this year’s show, buyers were able to review more pro audio products, an increase of 23 percent over 2014. The growing pro audio focus has helped the event attract more purchase decision-makers representing a variety of major global companies and venues, including Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Alto Music, Music Fulfillment Services, B&H Photo, Amazon, Galactic Music (Australia), Heer Music (Switzerland), Brother Industries (Japan), Tecno Music (Mexico) and Kit Chareon Musical (Thailand).
Buyers from local studios, stages and houses of worship, as well as professionals involved in stage production, pro sound, audio, lighting and A/V also attended to check out the latest products and take advantage of new programs, including TEC Tracks and A3E sessions.
Summer NAMM is a lot bigger and better this year. I’m in the pro audio part of our business, so it’s great to see more pro audio exhibitors. I’m very pleased with what’s happening at the show.
Live performances and special features included:
- The NAMM Acoustic Nation Stage featured live music all day, including Dustin Lynch, mash-up queen Louisa Wendorff, Tony Lucca of The Voice fame, Sabrina Lentini and more.
- The American Eagle Awards honored Charley Pride, Kris Kristofferson, Jim Lauderdale, Jim Halsey and Sherman Halsey, and featured performances by Rosanne Cash, Jim Lauderdale, The Oak Ridge Boys and Jack Ingram.
- Music Industry Day opened the show to hundreds of artists and music enthusiasts walking the floor to check out the newest products and gear.
NAMM’s free educational opportunities helped retailers expand their share of the market with ideas and strategies to kick off the year.
Retail Boot Camp
One-day intensive training
Tactics and tips from the industry’s best
U Breakfast Sessions
Big names, big picture strategy
Sessions for sound, studio and stage pros
Issues and Advocacy
The show featured forums and events on regulatory issues, advocacy strategies and other unique events:
- SupportMusic Coalition on Coalitions
- Import-Export Forum
- Intellectual Property, Trademark and Patent Forums and Roundtables
- Recreational Music Making Forum
- Leadership in Music Symposium Songwriter Fair Trade Panel
Register now for a booth, don't miss out on this year's Summer NAMM show!