International Shipping and Customs Update for Exhibitors
Shipping Update 10/22/2021
- All shippers continue to experience disruptions to the supply chain process, in addition to global shortage issues for gasoline.
- Many carriers have announced a November 1 general rate increase (GRI) as well as a possible increase to the Peak Season Surcharge (PSS).
- Ongoing port congestion and constraints in Europe and North America have led to the addition of extra vessels and plans to re-instate calls at the Port of Felixstowe.
- The U.K. is currently experiencing a massive shortage of truck drivers, a shortage that is slowly affecting the rest of Europe as well.
- In the U.S., the White House announced a "90-day sprint" to alleviate supply chain bottlenecks by working 24/7 to address port backlogs.
We are Here to Help
We understand that the continual changes to international shipping rules and regulations can be difficult to understand. To make your experience exhibiting at The 2022 NAMM Show as seamless as possible, we have some options available to assist you in your shipping process.
We have enlisted Masterpiece International Ltd. as the official freight forwarder and custom broker for The 2022 NAMM Show. They will be available to offer their services at the show site during the exhibitor move-in, throughout the show and the move-out after the show concludes.
Through selecting Masterpiece International’s assistance package, you will receive:
Shipment pick-ups from the overseas point of origin and direct delivery to contractor warehouses or the Anaheim Convention Center dock
International freight forwarding via sea freight and airfreight for inbound and return export shipments
- U.S. Customs Import Clearance Formalities/U.S. Customs Export Clearance Formalities
Because of the unpredictability of the current state of international and domestic shipping, we highly recommend carefully planning your approach in advance to avoid any issues including but not limited to shipment delays and unavailability of transport options.
If you are planning on shipping items from overseas and would like to utilize our partnership with Masterpiece International, please contact them as soon as possible to notify them of your specific needs so they can ensure your products will arrive to The NAMM Show in a timely manner.