U.S. Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration has been helping businesses start and grow for over 55 years. Through its diverse set of programs and initiatives, the SBA gives small and medium sized businesses the tools they need to strengthen their business. Whether it's providing access to capital through SBA-backed loans, management and technical assistance through counseling or opportunities to do business with the world's largest buyers of goods and services, the Agency is ready to help you succeed. Whether you’re still thinking about becoming an entrepreneur or if you're already the CEO of a multi-million dollar firm with hundreds of associates, the SBA has a resource for you.
Here are some great tools from the SBA:
- Plan Your Business - find a mentor, buy a business, write a business plan, information about paying taxes, etc…
- Expand Your Business With Programs and Services - financial assistance, contracts, disaster assistance and online training.
- Increase Your Business Knowledge and Productivity - laws and regulations, podcasts, web chat and small business forums.
- Support Your Business With a Team of Experts - business guidance and support is provided including counseling, training and business development specialists who provide free and low-cost services to you.
- Free Online Training - the SBA offers small business training networks including a virtual campus which offers online courses, publications and other forms of technical assistance. Courses are self-paced and take about 30 minutes to complete.
Online course Topics include: