NAMM Musikmesse and Prolight + Sound Russia Return in September
NAMM Musikmesse Russia, the international fair for musical instruments, sheet music, music production and music business connections, and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia, the international fair of technologies and services for entertainment, integrated systems and creation, will welcome visitors to Moscow’s Sokolniki Exhibition and Convention Center, from 13 to 16 September, 2018.
International and domestic manufacturers and distributors will exhibit at NAMM Musikmesse Russia to display their musical instruments, sheet music, and music production products. This year, globally-renowned musical brands Yamaha, ProAudio Systems, 64 Audio, Denaton, D'Addario, Lutner, Gitarland.ru, LTM Music, Sound Neva, the Russian Trading Company, Inspector Guitars, Blastbeat, DrumShop and many other companies exhibit. For the first time, visitors will be able to not only see and interact directly with these brands but also to purchase products at special prices.
The show will take place over several Pavilions, in halls 4.1, 7, 7a and 17. The upstairs and downstairs of the hall 7a will host the central part of the show exposition. A separate Pavilion, hall 17, has been created exclusively for drums and percussion and will be open to all visitors. In hall 7, the show’s strategic partner Yamaha Music will present their products and musical workshops to the public, taught by world-famous artists. Show registration will be located in hall 4.1.
Held in conjunction with NAMM Musikmesse Russia, the Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia show has increased in size by more than 30%, with over 100 companies from nine countries confirming participation. Due to the significant growth of exhibitors, the organizers launched new Pavilions 3 and 4.1. Thus, the exhibition will take four Pavilions:
• Pavilion 3 – Live sound demonstration hall;
• Pavilion 4 – Professional lighting and sound equipment, stage constructions, rigging;
• Pavilion 4.1 – Exposition of the fair;
• Pavilion 4.2 – Fringe program zone, conference halls;
• Festival square – Concert sound demonstration
Returning exhibitors include OKNO-AUDIO, Asia Music, Show Atelier, Pro Audio and Lighting Systems, MixArt, Contactica, and others. Companies returning after an absence include Imlight, Next Hi-Fi, Laser World. New exhibitors include Gala Systems, Epson, Shure, Highlight International, EDS, and others.
The constant evolution of the musical and prolight industries is reflected in a diverse business and educational program of the show for both public and trade. The schedule will include workshops, roundtables, conferences, concerts, festivals, and competitions. Highlights include:
- The Music Education Symposium with the participation of the International Society for Music Education (ISME). On 13 September, music educators working in the local area will band together to discuss contemporary issues surrounding music education. The Symposium will be moderated by the ISME President, Professor Lee Higgins.
- An educational festival for music teachers, which will cover the issues of modern music and educational technologies.
- The Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade will present a special session, titled the School of Export.
- Piano Days: seminars for piano tuners supported by the Russian Association of Piano Tuners.
- B2B meetings with Chinese manufacturers and domestic dealers and distributors.
- The D’Addario Guitar Festival where the best Russian guitarists including favorite domestic musical bloggers and musicians will play and compete in guitar battles at the outdoor stage on Sunday, 16 September. The festival`s special guest will be Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal - American guitarist, songwriter, recording artist, producer, and former member of Guns ‘N' Roses.
- Musical laboratory – MUZZLAB: In a separate conference hall, notable industry experts, successful bloggers and famous artists will share their experience and trade secrets on how to become a successful musician in today‘s world.
- “Drummers United 2018”, where young drum talents will compete in three categories. On Saturday, 15 September, the finalists will compete at the show outdoor stage.
Events within Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia will include the Prolight + Sound NAMM Forum, where each day features a unique theme:
13 September – Projectors, Education, and Business
14 September – Audio and Lighting Equipment
15 September – Projects, Complex Solutions. Riggings, Stage Mechanics
Over the three days, leading brands and industry experts will share their experience, analyze case studies and discuss industry issues.
The Fair will also offer a live sound demonstration of acoustic systems in Pavilion 3, in addition to a concert sound demonstration at Festival Square of Sokolnili park (the partner of line arrays demonstration stage is MF Group). This new demonstration point will display lighting equipment, consoles and controllers, projectors, truss systems and other equipment to be tested.
The Theater Forum returns this year and will be focused on theater technologies, projection, and installations for theaters.
Technical tours for sound engineers, lighting designers and event organizations will be held by top curators.
The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is the not-for-profit association with a mission to strengthen the $17 billion music products industry. NAMM is comprised of approximately 10,300 members located in 104 countries and regions. NAMM events and members fund The NAMM Foundation's efforts to promote the pleasures and benefits of music, and advance active participation in music making across the lifespan. For more information about NAMM, please visit www.namm.org, call 800.767.NAMM (6266) or follow the organization on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.