Proof of insurance for the show is mandatory.
Having insurance will protect your company, employees, and volunteers, should a claim arise against you for something that occurred at your booth. NAMM does not provide any type of insurance coverage for the property and/or personnel of exhibiting companies (see booth space contract). Exhibitors must maintain insurance that meets the requirements outlined below and on your booth space contract. If you already have compliant coverage through your own provider, make sure to email a copy of this to email@example.com before the show. If you do not have coverage, it can easily be secured through Rain Protection at a negotiated rate provided to NAMM exhibitors. Scroll down this page for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are the insurance certificate requirements:
- NAMM, the Anaheim Convention Center, the City of Anaheim, and the Anaheim Union High School District shall be added as additional names insured on the Exhibitor's “Comprehensive General Liability Insurance” policy.
- The Exhibitor shall keep an original insurance certificate onsite at all times, to evidence the insurance coverage required herein. An original signed certificate of insurance will only be accepted if it has met the requirements: If there are any exhibitor insurance questions email Rain Protection at email@example.com.
- Coverage must be provided for all show days as well as move-in and move-out days, January 21-28, 2019, inclusive (“Required Period of Coverage”).
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance or equivalent insurance with a policy limit of not less than $1,000,000. Occupational Diseases Insurance as required by the laws of all governmental bodies having jurisdiction.
- Comprehensive General Liability Insurance, including Contractual Liability Insurance with (1) minimum limits of not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence of bodily injury and death, and $1,000,000 each occurrence for property damage, or (2) minimum combined single limit of not less than $2,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and death and property damage.
- Automobile Liability Insurance covering all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles used in the set-up and disassembly services with (1) minimum limits of not less than $250,000 each person and $500,000 each accident for bodily injury and $500,000 each accident for property damage, or (2) a minimum combined single limit of not less than $1,000,000 each accident for bodily injury and property damage.
- The Exhibitor’s insurance certificate must also include a statement by the insurance carrier that the carrier shall not cancel the coverage evidenced by the certificate without giving NAMM thirty (30) days prior written notice.
- Excess Liability Umbrella Form policy requirements with minimum limits (1) of not less than $1,000,000 Each Occurrence and (2) $1,000,000 Aggregate.
Certificate of Insurance
Sample of a required Certificate of Insurance for the 2018 NAMM Show:
Exhibitor Liability Insurance Program
As a standard requirement for all of our show exhibitors, it is necessary for you to carry general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate.
This insurance must be in force during the lease dates of the event, January 21-28, 2019, naming National Association of Music Merchants (5790 Armada Drive Carlsbad, CA 92008) as the certificate holder. NAMM, the Anaheim Convention Center, the City of Anaheim, and the Anaheim Union High School District shall be named as additional insured.
NAMM has requested that Rainprotection serve as their insurance management company. In addition to being able to provide exhibitors with insurance, we are also collecting and verifying that all insurance certificates, regardless of the insurer, are verified for compliance. If you have your own insurance, please submit a copy to Sales@rainprotection.net.
Simply purchase your insurance, which is already pre-filled with all of the proper show information, directly online using a credit card.
NON USA EXHIBITORS - Address and Phone Number instructions:
When filling in your company information it will ask for a phone number and address. Please use the following: Address - 800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802
Phone Number - (800) 528-7975
This program is valuable for:
- Exhibitors who do not have any insurance.
- International Exhibitors whose liability insurance will not cover them at a U.S Show.
- Companies who do not have the time to deal with all of the certificate arrangements, and need coverage now.
- Exhibitors who find it easier or advantageous to use this program, rather than their corporate insurance; Similar to when you rent a car and do not want to use your own auto insurance.
- Should there be a claim, it will not tarnish your policy and rates. And, unlike most corporate policies, there is no deductible.
We also offer affordable short term Equipment/Merchandise/Display Insurance
All exhibitors are strongly urged to obtain full-coverage temporary insurance for their merchandise and displays while in transit and while at the exposition.
Click Here for the Instant Equipment Insurance Enrollment Form