Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC)
An Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) is any individual or companies hired to set-up and dismantle or provide service to your booth who is not an employee of your company. EAC’s include but are not limited to Installation and Dismantle Contractors, Booth Designers and Builders, Non-Official Florists, Furniture Suppliers, Piano Movers and Laborers. Exhibitors are required to submit a completed EAC form for each Contractor and Sub-Contractor (this includes but is not limited to third-party Contractors) to NAMM no later than December 14, 2018. Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that their EAC’s have the proper insurance and can provide this on-site if necessary. Exhibitor and/or Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Insurance Requirements are located below.
Following are the insurance certificate requirements:
- NAMM, the Anaheim Convention Center, the City of Anaheim, and the Anaheim Union High School District shall be added as additional names insured on the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor’s “Comprehensive General Liability Insurance” policy.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor shall keep an original insurance certificate onsite at all times, to evidence the insurance coverage required herein. An original signed certificate of insurance will only be accepted if it has met the requirements: If there are any exhibitor insurance questions email Rain Protection at firstname.lastname@example.org. All insurance carried by an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor shall be maintained in force by the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor as long as it is engaged in any set-up and/or disassembly work at the NAMM Show.
- Coverage must be provided for all show days as well as move-in and move-out days, January 14-29, 2019, inclusive (“Required Period of Coverage”).
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability Insurance or equivalent insurance with a policy limit of not less than $1,000,000. Occupational Diseases Insurance as required by the laws of all governmental bodies having jurisdiction.
- Comprehensive General Liability Insurance, including Contractual Liability Insurance with (1) minimum limits of not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence of bodily injury and death, and $1,000,000 each occurrence for property damage, or (2) minimum combined single limit of not less than $2,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and death and property damage.
- Automobile Liability Insurance covering all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles used in the set-up and disassembly services with (1) minimum limits of not less than $250,000 each person and $500,000 each accident for bodily injury and $500,000 each accident for property damage, or (2) a minimum combined single limit of not less than $1,000,000 each accident for bodily injury and property damage.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor’s insurance certificate must also include a statement by the insurance carrier that the carrier shall not cancel the coverage evidenced by the certificate without giving NAMM thirty (30) days prior written notice.
- Excess Liability Umbrella Form policy requirements with minimum limits (1) of not less than $1,000,000 Each Occurrence and (2) $1,000,000 Aggregate.