The Coalition on Coalitions Addresses Local Advocacy
The Coalition on Coalitions at Summer NAMM addressed state-level music education advocacy efforts as part of the SupportMusic Coalition. The discussion was moderated by Mary Luehrsen, NAMM Director of Public Affairs and Government Relations, and included these NAMM Member State Coalition Representatives:
- Indiana—Mark Goff, President, Paige’s Music
- Iowa—Robin Walenta, President, West Music
- Illinois—George Quinlan Jr., President, Quinlan & Fabish
- Pennsylvania—Mark Despotakis, Director of Market Development, Progressive Music
- Louisiana—John Mlynczak, Education Market Manager, Presonus
Attendees learned strategies for expanding music education advocacy in states and local communities.
Interested in joining a national network of music education advocates? Join the SupportMusic Coalition today! The SupportMusic Coalition is a program of the NAMM Foundation that unites non-profit organizations, schools and businesses working to keep music education strong in their communities.