Show Information & Policies for 2021 Summer NAMM
Nashville Music City Center
201 5th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37203
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Summer NAMM, scheduled for July 9–11, 2020 in Nashville has been canceled. The industry's mid-summer gathering will return to Nashville and the Music City Center July 15–17, 2021.
Level 3 Exhibit Halls C & D
Level 2 Meeting Rooms
Level 1M Davidson Ballroom
The Terrace – Outdoor space on Demonbruen with live music, food and beverages.
|Thursday, July 15||10 am–6 pm|
|Friday, July 16||10 am–6 pm|
|Saturday, July 17||10 am–4 pm|
- ADA Access & Mobility/Wheelchair Rentals
The Music City Center is ADA compliant with wheelchair-accessible doors, elevators and ramps throughout the building. You may contact the company below for mobility/ wheelchair rentals.
Williams Surgical / Medical Supply Inc.
- Attendance Qualification
- Summer NAMM is open to qualified members of the trade.
- Attendees must be active NAMM members, pre-qualified general attendees or invited by an active NAMM member to attend. Only NAMM members are permitted to invite guests.
- Authorized NAMM member companies are permitted to register family members under the age of 18. Parents/legal guardians of underage attendees must be registered in a badge and also complete a Minor Waiver Release of Liability to receive badge confirmation for their child. Underage attendees are only permitted on the show floor during show hours and must be accompanied by their parent/legal guardian at all times.
- All NAMM attendees (with the exception of those under the age of 18) must provide matching photo ID to gain entry.
- ATM/Cash Machine
3 located inside the facility:
- 5th Avenue side of the building facing the Omni Hotel
- 6th Ave near the UPS Store
- Main Parking Garage lobby
- Pre-register for your badge and pick it up at badge will call onsite by scanning your confirmation barcode (either printed out or on your mobile device).
- Registration for NAMM Members opens on April 8, 2020 at 9 am Pacific Time.
- Set badge allotment applies to all active members. Except for non-exhibitors, additional badges are available for purchase at $50 per badge.
- Free badge deadline for NAMM members is June 24, 2020 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
- After June 24 and throughout all show days, a $25 badge fee will apply to NAMM member badges within the given allotment.
- Non-exhibitors are allowed 4 total badges per show. The first two badges are complimentary. The second two badges are $100 per badge. After June 24, all four badges will be $100 each.
- Pre-registration for General Attendees opens on April 15, 2020 at 9 am Pacific Time.
- General Attendees must be pre-qualified to attend Summer NAMM.
- General Attendees must be over the age of 18 and are not permitted to bring guests. No exceptions.
- Exhibitors will receive the following badge allotments:
- 20 badges per 10x10 booth
- 16 badges per Small (30 sq. ft.), Tabletop (48 sq. ft.) and Software.NAMM (30 sq. ft.) booth
- 4 badges from booth total are allocated to each sharing company in booth
- A $50 badge reprint fee will apply for any lost badge during all show days. Limit 1 reprint per person. Subject to NAMM approval.
- Badge additions and/or changes can be made online or at On-Site Registration at the Music City Center. On-Site Registration is available to NAMM members only. Guests of members and non-members may not change or add badges.
- All registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Transfer, sale, and/or duplication of NAMM badges (i.e., Craigslist badge selling) is strictly prohibited. If NAMM is made aware that your company or an individual within your company is participating in these activities, your company’s badges will be canceled, and your company’s membership may be terminated.
- Badge Will Call & Onsite Registration
Badge Will Call – Level 2 & Level 3 Lobby
Tuesday 8 am–5 pm (Level 2 Only)
Wednesday 8 am–6 pm
Thursday 8 am–6 pm
Friday 8 am–6 pm
Saturday 8 am–3 pm
Onsite Registration – Level 2 Lobby
Tuesday 1 pm–5 pm
Wednesday 8 am–6 pm
Thursday 8 am–6 pm
Friday 8 am–6 pm
Saturday 8 am–3 pm
Onsite Registration Fees
NAMM Members $25–100 (subject to badge allotment)
Replacement badges $50 (one replacement per person)
Join NAMM – Level 2 Lobby
Wednesday 8 am–5 pm
Thursday 8 am–4 pm
Friday 8 am–4 pm
Saturday By appointment only at Member Center (Level 3)
- Bag Check (Free)
Location: Level 2 Lobby, adjacent to Registration
Thursday, July 9 9 am–6 pm
Friday, July 10 9 am–6 pm
Saturday, July 11 9 am–5 pm
- Business Center
UPS Store located at parking garage level 2 on 6th Ave
Hours: Monday–Friday 7 am–5 pm, Saturday 10 am–6 pm
Exhibitors should ship through Freeman. See Freeman service desk for more info.
- City Concierge
The Nashville City Concierge Desk will be available during show hours for all attendees. This concierge can help provide tourist information, book dinner reservations and more. Please check back at a later date for exact location of the Concierge Desk.
- City Events
Producing events in and around Nashville are approved for exhibiting companies only. The NAMM name or associated brand marks are not permitted to be used in event titles and / or promotion of the event. If you are interested in holding an event, please complete the following special event request form.
- Drone and UAV Policy
The use of drones, UAV’s, hoverboards and similar devices are strictly prohibited on the Summer NAMM Show floor, as well as all outside areas of the Music City Center, Nashville, TN. NAMM has undertaken reasonable efforts to ensure that the Summer NAMM Show will be a safe environment for NAMM members and their guests, and the prohibition on drones, UAV’s, hoverboards and similar devices is consistent with standards of best practices for general safety. If new risks and safety concerns arise, however, NAMM reserves the right to modify or expand the prohibition on certain technology, devices, or vehicles at the Summer NAMM Show. Attendance at the Summer NAMM Show will be conditioned upon compliance with such restrictions. For questions please contact NAMM Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
By attending or participating in the show, show attendees consent to exposure to elevated noise levels, and assume full responsibility for taking steps to protect their hearing. NAMM provides complimentary Mack’s foam earplugs , distributed at Registration, Member Center, NAMM Show Help Desk and from Floor Managers.
- Entrance/Show Floor
- Corresponding photo ID is required to gain entry to the show.
- Baby strollers and/or joggers are NOT permitted on the show floor. NO Exceptions.
- Attendees may not bring personal instruments onto the floor. Only exhibitors may bring music product on and off the show floor.
- NAMM reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke badges at any time. Transfer, sale or duplication of your badge in any way is prohibited.
Dress Code: Attendees with face coverings and or body coverings, which include but are not limited to; masks, face paint, full hoodie, full costumes that restrict or limit clear identification or imply a violent nature are prohibited at Summer NAMM. NAMM reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate attire. If for any reason attire is deemed objectionable by Show Management, attendees may be asked to alter the attire or be removed from the show.
- First Aid
Hall B Lobby – For minor bumps/bruises, blisters and headaches.
- Food and Drink Options
There are many food and drink options around the Music City Center. Check back at a later date for full details of what is available.
More information coming soon.
- Information Counters
- Hall D Lobby entrance
- Level 2 Parking Garage Entrance
- Level 1 Omni side Entrance
- Map, event guides and show daily materials located at Summer NAMM Exhibit Hall entrances
- NAMM Show Help Desk located at the back of the 300 aisle
- Lost & Found
Summer NAMM Help Desk is located at the back of the 300 aisle. Phone: 877-218-4036 or 760-438-8002
Unclaimed items will be turned into MCC Security at the end of show move out. Phone: 615-401-1300
Face coverings and/or body coverings, which include but are not limited to: masks, face paint, full hoodie, full costumes that restrict or limit clear identification or imply a violent nature are prohibited at Summer NAMM. NAMM reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate attire. If for any reason attire is deemed objectionable by Show Management, attendees may be asked to alter the attire or be removed from the show.
- Member Center
Located in the Level 3 Lobby C, the NAMM Member Center is a home base for NAMM members. Benefits include: endorsed business service providers, register to win a free year of Membership, learn more about the NAMM’s Top 100 Dealer Awards, hotel services, member-only events. Download the Summer NAMM Mobile App or grab a printed event guide on-site for a full list of Member Center events.
Official Endorsed Providers present at Summer NAMM:
Emery & Webb – Music Instruments & Business Insurance
Ameritrust – Worker's Compensation
Partnership – Freight & Package Shipping
Synchrony Financial – Store Branded Consumer Financing
- NAMM Foundation
Located at the NAMM Member Center, Level 3, lobby C.
NAMM Foundation / Public Affairs and Government Relations staff will be on hand to provide information about NAMM Foundation activities, music education advocacy opportunities, partner organizations, and will host policy forums and music making events. For more information and resources, visit NAMM Public Affairs and Government Relations or The NAMM Foundation.
- Non-Exhibiting Manufacturer
To support the NAMM exhibitor company’s investment, there are strict guidelines, which all non-exhibiting manufacturers are expected to adhere to while at Summer NAMM. Non-exhibiting manufacturer badges are for viewing Summer NAMM for future exhibiting opportunities only, no selling allowed. Adherence to the following guidelines is required and any violation may result in prohibiting admission to the show for the remaining days, as well as future NAMM trade shows.
- Approaching attendees or exhibitors at Summer NAMM is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, Music City Center or any hotel in the NAMM block with the purpose of selling or demonstrating products and services.
- Product samples, catalogs, flyers, brochures, product drawings, photos, videos, computer presentations or any other representation of items or services for sale, for the purpose of displaying, showing or selling to a show buyer or exhibitor is strictly prohibited. The above is subject to confiscation if caught by NAMM staff or security.
- Showrooms, hospitality suites, special presentations or sponsorship of any activity is prohibited by non-exhibiting manufacturers or service providers anywhere in the city or surrounding area during Summer NAMM.
- Nursing Stations
Nursing stations are located in two locations inside the Music City Center; outside Hall D and on Level 1 near Meeting Room 101.
The Music City Center parking garage is located on 6th Avenue and Demonbreun, directly across from the south entrance to Bridgestone Arena. There are three entrances to the garage: one on 7th Avenue and Demonbreun and two on 6th Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Boulevard.
Parking rates are listed below:
0–5 hours: $10
5–9 hours: $15
9–12 hours: $20
12–24 hours: $25
Lost Ticket: $25
Note: Both cash & Credit card/Debit cards are accepted
Other parking options in the downtown area are available – check out www.parkitdowntown.com for more details.
- Press Photo Consent
NAMM is permitted to use the name, likeness or biographical information supplied by the attendee, and attendee grants permission for photos taken at NAMM events to be used in any NAMM publication, multimedia production, display, advertisement or web publication.
- Photography/Video Policy
Qualified media may photograph/video throughout Summer NAMM. Exhibitors may photograph/video their own booth and/or product. Attendees may not photograph/video product without the exhibitor's consent.
- NAMM strongly encourages all exhibitors and show attendees to not leave product or personal belongings unattended at any time. While Summer NAMM Management exercises reasonable care to safeguard exhibitors’ property by providing perimeter security service, there is no way to ensure the integrity of every person who comes in and out of the building.
- Lost and found can be contacted at the NAMM Show Help Desk, located at the back of Hall C or at the Music City Center security office.
- If you observe something suspicious, please contact show security or show management immediately. Attendees can pick up any building phone and speak to an operator at any time.
- NAMM reserves the right to check IDs at the show entrances and all bags are subject to being checked for security purposes.
- Make sure to review the Health & Safety Tips NAMM has provided for all show attendees.
- Show Floor Transaction Policy
Please note that over-the-counter transactions (cash, check or credit card) involve the collection of associated taxes and may not take place at Summer NAMM. Only business orders for future delivery are to be promoted at the show.
- Smoking Policy
It is unlawful for any person to smoke or use electronic cigarettes in any place or area within the Music City Center, or in any outdoor area within 25 feet of a main exit, entrance, operable window or ventilation intake of the Music City Center.
- Sound Policy
Use the NAMM app to locate the two FREE demo rooms and 2 FREE WhisperRooms on the show floor to demo product with customers (complimentary, one hour per exhibitor first come, first served).
Exhibitors may build their own demo room within the booth to allow for product demos that are visible to attendees and contain sound. They may also rent a demo room through Freeman.
Only exhibits that do not comply with NAMM’s booth display rules and regulations must submit a booth variance request to NAMM no later than June 28, 2019. If you feel your booth space does not fit into one of these categories, please complete the Booth Variance Request Form.
- Show Management
NAMM provides a Floor Management Team to assist exhibitors and attendees during the show. If you need assistance, please visit the NAMM Show Help Desk located at the back of the 300 aisle.
- Using NAMM Name and Trademark
The use of the NAMM name, logos, social media and email assets are provided to exhibitors to promote their presence at Summer NAMM in outgoing marketing efforts. To access available assets, visit the Exhibitor Dashboard.
Any other use of the NAMM name, logo or other associated marks must be approved by NAMM management. Please send special requests to Creative Director StuartR@namm.org for approval.
- Visa Assistance Program
Letters of invitation are offered through Summer NAMM badge registration. The visa application process may take 90 days or longer, so please register for your badges and request letters of invitation at least 90 days before your Summer NAMM travel dates.
If you are a NAMM member, your membership must be active through the last day of the show in order to request a letter of invitation to obtain travel visas.
Only authorized contacts of an active member may register for badges and request letters of invitation. Authorized contacts are designated as one of the following: Primary Contact, Registration Contact, Trade Show Contact, Housing Contact, or Administrator. To check your role, please visit your profile page.
If you are a qualified general attendee, you can request a letter of invitation while you are registering for your badge during the general attendee registration process. Within 48 hours of your registration approval, you will receive your requested Visa letter of invitation. If you have further questions, check out the Visa Information Page or contact us at email@example.com.