General Show Information for The 2018 NAMM Show
Anaheim Convention Center
800 W Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92802
Anaheim Convention Center, ACC North Hall & Anaheim Marriott
Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim Convention Center (Lobby C & Arena)
Grand Plaza – Live Music All Day & Nightly Headliners
Arena Plaza – live music all day
Marriott – live music all day
Hilton – live music nightly
Sheraton – live music nightly
|Thursday, January 25||10 am–6 pm|
|Friday, January 26||10 am–6 pm|
|Saturday, January 27||10 am–6 pm|
|Sunday, January 28||10 am–5 pm|
|*Hall E and Levels 2 & 3 open at 9:30 am|
- Attendance Qualifications
- The NAMM Show is open to qualified members of the trade.
- Attendees must be active NAMM members, pre-qualified non-members or invited by an active NAMM member to attend. To become a NAMM member, start here.
- Attendance at NAMM trade shows is restricted to owners, suppliers, employees, endorsed artists and guests of NAMM member companies. NAMM's membership is comprised of companies that make, buy and/or sell musical instruments and products. If your company meets this requirement, we invite you to visit our membership page to start the process of becoming a member of NAMM.
- Once your company has been approved for membership, you may create an account on www.namm.org and use The NAMM Show section to register for housing, booth space and badges, as well as read about scheduled NAMM Show events.
- Authorized NAMM member companies may register family members under the age of 18. Parents/legal guardians of underage attendees must complete a Minor Waiver Release of Liability in order to receive badge confirmation. Underage attendees are only permitted on the show floor during show hours and must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times.
- All NAMM attendees must provide a matching photo ID to gain entry.
- To register for show badges and book hotel rooms, your individual NAMM member profile must be designated as one of the following: Trade Show Contact, Registration Contact, Hotel Contact, Primary Contact, Administrator or Voting Rep. These contacts within your company have access to show services including registering staff, according to your allotment. To check your role, visit your Profile page. Once you have confirmed your account authorization, please visit Badge Registration. To book your hotel, please visit Hotel Booking to view the many premium hotels we partner with.
Please note: Non-exhibitors are given one complimentary badge per show. After this complimentary badge has been registered, non-exhibitor badges will cost $100 each. After the free badge deadline of January 10, 2018, badge fees apply to all members. Badges are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How do I register someone new from my company?
- To register for show badges, your individual NAMM member profile must be designated as one of the following: Trade Show Contact, Registration Contact, Hotel Contact, Primary Contact, Administrator or Voting Rep. These contacts within your company have access to register staff, according to your allotment. To check your role, visit your Profile page.
- New employees can be registered via the Badge Registration page, as long as the badge allotment allows. In order to register someone new, you must provide legal first name, last name, and email address.
How to attend if I'm not a member?
Representatives from organizations that do not qualify for membership may apply for a badge to attend The NAMM Show. Applications are available for pro audio, software, live sound, lighting, and other entertainment technology professionals along with buyers and influencers representing venues and houses of worship, as well as music educators and music majors. You must be 18 or over to attend. Badge fees will apply. General registration opens August 30, 2017. Learn more here.
- Music students in conservatory, college or university, as well as higher education-level music faculty may attend through NAMM’s Generation Next program.
- Music educators, school administrators and school board members may attend through NAMM’s Music Education Days program.
- Pre-registration is open August 2, 2017 – January 10, 2018
- Set badge allotment applies to all active Members.
- With the exception of non-exhibiting manufacturers, $50 late fee applies after the January 10 deadline and throughout the show days.
- Non-exhibitors are given one complimentary badge per show. After this complimentary badge has been registered, non-exhibitor badges will cost $100 each.
- Badges are the property of NAMM and are not to be re-sold. If NAMM is made aware that your company or an individual within your company is participating in selling badges, your company’s badge allotment and future show participation could be jeopardized.
- Complete your badge registration and pick it up on-site using a printed or mobile device confirmation barcode.
- A corresponding photo ID is required at all entrances to the show. Badges are NOT transferable.
- A $100 badge reprint fee applies on all show days. Limit 1 reprint per person, subject to NAMM approval.
- Badge additions and/or changes take place at on-site registration, now located on the lower level of the Hilton, Anaheim. Available to NAMM members only; guests of members may not change or add badges.
- All fees processed are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Badges are for members and their staff, associates and guests only. Badges are the property of NAMM and are not to be re-sold or used for giveaways or promotions. If NAMM is made aware that your company or an individual within your company is participating in selling or giving away badges for promotion, your company’s badge allotment and future show participation could be jeopardized.
- Badges are the property of NAMM and can be revoked and confiscated at any time.
- Pre-registration is open August 2, 2017 – January 10, 2018
- Drone/UAV Policy
What was once science fiction is now a daily reality as drones, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and hoverboards have become commonly used and are available to the public. While the National Association of Music Merchants, Inc. (“NAMM”) is excited about the marketing, business and recreation potential these new technologies offer the music products industry, the safety of our members and their guests is our primary concern. For this reason, the use of drones, UAV’s, hoverboards and similar devices are strictly prohibited on the NAMM Show floor, as well as all outside areas of the Anaheim Convention Center. NAMM has undertaken reasonable efforts to ensure that the NAMM Show will be a safe environment for NAMM members and their guests, and the prohibition on drones, UAV’s, hoverboards and similar devices is consistent with standards of best practices for general safety. If new risks and safety concerns arise, however, NAMM reserves the right to modify or expand the prohibition on certain technology, devices, or vehicles at the NAMM Show. Attendance at the NAMM Show will be conditioned upon compliance with such restrictions. For questions please contact NAMM Management at email@example.com.
- Entrance/Show Floor
- Corresponding photo ID is required to gain entry to the show
- Baby strollers and/or joggers are NOT permitted on the show floor. NO Exceptions.
- Attendees may not bring personal instruments onto the floor. Only exhibitors may bring music product on and off the show floor.
- NAMM reserves the right to refuse admission and revoke badges at any time. Transfer, sale or duplication of your badge in any way is prohibited.
- Dress Code: Attendees with face coverings and or body coverings, which include but are not limited to; masks, face paint, full hoodie, full costumes that restrict or limit clear identification or imply a violent nature are prohibited at the NAMM Show. NAMM reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate attire. If for any reason attire is deemed objectionable by Show Management, attendees may be asked to alter the attire or be removed from the show.
- Exhibiting at The NAMM Show
Interested in exhibiting at The 2018 NAMM Show January 25-28, 2018? To reserve a booth online, click here or you can contact Trade Show Sales at (760) 438-8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The final booth payment deadline is October 25, 2017 and the Directory deadline is November 15, 2017.
Benefits of exhibiting include:
- Reach more than 100,000 attendees from over 120 countries and regions
- Build brand awareness
- Debut your newest products
- Connect with current customers and network with new ones
- Promote your products to the media
- Connect with distributors––who can place your products both nationally and internationally
NAMM has partnered with Eventsphere for the official NAMM Show hotel block, and will assist members and guests with hotel reservations/questions/issues. To search for hotels and start the easy booking process, click here.
Member Hotel Reservations open- Aug 2
General Hotel Reservations open-Aug 30
- Member Center
Located in the Level 1 Lobby A, the NAMM Member Center is a home base for NAMM members. Benefits include; endorsed business service providers, register to win a free year of Membership, learn more about the top 100 Dealer program, hotel services, and member only events. Download Mobile app or printed event guide on-site for full Member Center events listing.
Official Endorsed Providers:
Emery & Webb – Music Instruments & Business Insurance
Worldpay – Credit/Debit Card Processing
Meadowbrook Insurance Group – Worker’s Compensation
Partnership – Freight & Package Shipping
Synchrony Financial – Store Branded Consumer Financing
Tempus—Foreign Currency and International Payment Services
- Non-Exhibiting Manufacturer
To support the NAMM exhibitor company’s investment, there are strict guidelines, which all non-exhibiting manufacturers are expected to adhere to while at The NAMM Show. Non-exhibiting manufacturer badges are for viewing The NAMM Show for future exhibiting opportunities only, no selling allowed. Adherence to the following guidelines is required and any violation may result in prohibiting admission to the show for the remaining days, as well as future NAMM trade shows.
Approaching attendees or exhibitors at The NAMM Show is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, The Anaheim Convention Center, Marriott, Hilton or any hotel in the NAMM block with the purpose of selling or demonstrating products and services.
Product samples, catalogs, flyers, brochures, product drawings, photos, videos, computer presentations or any other representation of items or services for sale, for the purpose of displaying, showing or selling to a show buyer or exhibitor is strictly prohibited. The above is subject to confiscation if caught by NAMM staff or security.
Showrooms, hospitality suites, special presentations or sponsorship of any activity is prohibited by non-exhibiting manufacturers or service providers anywhere in the city or surrounding area during The NAMM Show.
- Visa Assistance Program
Letters of invitation are offered through The NAMM Show badge registration process. The visa application process may take 90 days or longer, so please register for your badges and request letters of invitation at least 90 days prior to your NAMM Show travel dates. The show will be held January 25-28, 2018 in Anaheim, California.
If you are a NAMM member, your membership must be active through the dates that the show will be held in order to request a letter of invitation to obtain travel visas. If you are a qualified non-member, you can request a letter of invitation while you are applying for badges during the non-member registration process which opens on August 30.
Only authorized contacts of an active member may register for badges and request letters of invitation. Authorized contacts are designated as one of the following: Primary Contact, Registration Contact, Trade Show Contact, Housing Contact, or Administrator. To check your role, please visit your profile page.
August 2 - members can request visa letters of invitation through their authorized contact during member registration online
August 30 - qualified non-members can request visa letters of invitation during non-member registration online
If you have further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to The 2018 NAMM Show!