First Collapsible Carbon Fiber Classical Guitar
Journey Instruments will be adding to it's extensive line of carbon fiber instruments. This time they have catered to the Classical audience with a cross-over classical travel guitar. Designed for Travel
- The Overhead™ travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds. [View Youtube Video]
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary UPGRADEABLE under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Full Tone in a Travel Body
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut and saddle with Savarez standard tension strings, gives the guitar an amazingly traditional tone.
- Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and patented bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
Comfortable to Play
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Matte-finish low-c profile neck with 1 7/8 nut, make this 650 mm scale nylon string super comfortable to play.
- Scoop-away™ design gives full access to all 17 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
Guitar Specifications Proprietary Body Design: Stylized 00 body shape Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance Scoopaway™ for access to all 17 frets while maintaining maximum volume Beveled back for maximum playing comfort Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort Soundboard: Unidirectional carbon fiber with proprietary carbon fiber bracing Back and Sides: 6K carbon fiber Markings: MOP logo and position markings Scale: 25.5 in (650 mm) Finish: Matte polyurethane Bridge: Carbon Fiber, high break-angle Tuners: 18:1 precision antique brass tuners with black knobs. Electronics: Included JourneyTek™ under-bridge passive 4-piezo transducer upgradeable pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp. Removable Neck Assembly: Stainless steel load-bearing components Push-button release latch under neck Large adjustment knob on back Neck: Low Profile Classical Profile. No Trussrod. Deep-slotted bone nut Neck width at nut: 1 7/8 in (48 mm) 12 Frets to body 17 Frets total Fret Board: Carbon Fiber Jumbo brass fret wire Strings: Savarez 520 White Card Traditional Series Guitar Dimensions and Weights: Weight: 3.8 lbs (1.9kg) Weight With Case: 7.1 lbs (3.25kg) Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm) Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm) Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm) Total Length: 35.5 in (92cm) Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm) Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*10 in (55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm) Travel Backpack Specifications Tech Travel Ready: TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices All- Premium Material Construction: Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot Padded string panel with strings positioning tab Padded Top and Side handles Extra Compartments for Your Journey: Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)