January 16–19, 2020
GenNext at The NAMM Show
Anaheim Convention Center • Anaheim, CA
It’s Your Life. It’s Your Music. It’s Your Show!
GenNext is a collaboration between The NAMM Foundation and The College Music Society that brings college music students and faculty to The NAMM Show for exclusive programming with access to career and professional development opportunities.
Connect With Your Future
College music students and faculty members are invited to attend The 2020 NAMM Show. Discover the many opportunities to enhance your career in the music, sound and entertainment technology industries.
- Access 7,000+ brands
- Explore 400+ educational sessions
- Connect at 150+ networking events
- Experience hundreds of concerts & performances
- Free breakfast every morning at NAMM U
- Enjoy all the attractions around Southern California
Experience hundreds of education sessions you won't find anywhere else. Expand your professional opportunities in the music, sound and entertainment technology industries.
College Music Society
Sessions for students to explore careers in the music industry, networking events for faculty and special events catered to the college music crowd.
Future-focused sessions that explore how advanced audio applications are transforming the music industry, production and performance.
Four tracks for entertainment technology professionals: Lighting & Electrical, Lighting Networking, Rigging and Safety. An opportunity to get free ETCP renewal credits.
Lighting&Sound America / PLASA
Richard Cadena and Wayne Howell of Lighting&Sound America and PLASA host several entertainment technology sessions.
NAMM U Sessions
Sessions covering topics in music retail and business. This also includes Breakfast Sessions, the NAMM Idea Center and Retail Summits.
Big-picture sessions on high-profile topics in recording, live sound and music business, featuring innovative ideas from industry thought leaders.
Free Dante certification training, hosted by Audinate, for pro audio and event technology professionals. Requires additional registration.
Pro Production by PLSN & FOH
A series of exciting sessions for entertainment technology professionals, presented by the publishers of Front of House, PLSN and Stage Directions.
Enjoy a variety of entertainment including prestigious awards, performances and networking events throughout the show.
Full schedule will be released in November.
The NAMM Foundation Celebration for Music Education
Gather on the NAMM Yamaha Grand Plaza to kick off The NAMM Show with special guests.
GenNext Faculty Mixer
A special GenNext networking reception for all college and university faculty.
Drum up enthusiasm for music making at NAMM’s annual all-industry drum circle, a can’t-miss NAMM Show rhythm celebration!
Grand Rally for Music Education
A celebration for music education to honor its champions and advocates.
Careers in Music Summit
Learn how to have a successful career in the music industry, hosted by NAMM President and CEO Joe Lamond.
Unleash your Island Spirit at our ukulele circle, where you’ll learn the basics of the instrument known as the “jumping flea.”
IMSTA's songwriting competition at The NAMM Show gives aspiring songwriters currently enrolled in college or university music programs a chance to have their music heard by industry professionals and to possibly win a trip to Black Rock Studios in Santorini, Greece.
College and university a cappella groups are invited to submit a performance video to be considered for one of THREE (3) slots on a NAMM Show stage on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
1. Begin your badge registration and select "Get Started".
2. When asked, “Are you a current NAMM member,” select “No.”
3. When asked, “Does your organization manufacture, distribute or sell products/services,” select “No.”
4. When asked, “Which professional community reflects the industry in which you work most,” select “Student or Educator.”
Once completed, you will receive a badge confirmation email within a few business days.
Get access to a robust hotel block powered by our official partner, EventSphere, to make it fast and easy to find the right hotel for the show.
- Discounted hotel rates
- Parking, WiFi and breakfast specials at select hotels
- No deposit due at time of booking
- Flexible cancellation policies
- Discounted rates on upgrades
- Reservation relocation protection
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions asked about the GenNext program
- What are the exhibit hours for The NAMM Show?
Thursday, Jan. 16 10 am – 6 pm
Friday, Jan. 17 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday, Jan. 18 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, Jan. 19 10 am – 5 pm
- Can anyone attend The NAMM Foundation events at The NAMM Show?
The NAMM Foundation hosts events specifically for general attendees such as college students majoring in music (GenNext), music educators/school administrators (Music Education Days), and NAMM Foundation partners/nonprofit organizations; anyone with a badge is welcome to attend NAMM Foundation events.
- If I register and attend The NAMM Show as college student, or faculty does my badge allow me access to the show floor at the Anaheim Convention Center?
Yes. Your badge allows you access to the show floor as well as any events at the Anaheim Hilton, during show hours.
- I noticed that my badge allows only “limited access” to the trade show. What does “limited access” mean?
Your badge allows access to the trade show exhibits all hours, and all days. “Limited access,” means that your badge does not give you access to the exhibit hall before or after show hours.
- Where can I view information and events for the GenNext program?
View info and events for GenNext on this page in the fall.
- Where do I pick up my badge onsite?
Badges may be picked up at one of these Badge Will Call locations:
- ACC, Arena
- ACC, Back of Hall B/C (Exhibitors only)
- ACC, Hall E Ticket Office
- ACC, Car Park 1
- ACC, Transit Plaza
- Marriott, Outdoor Tent
- Marriott, Platinum Desks
- Hilton, Lower Level, Tour Lounge
- May I bring a guest?
Your badge allows NAMM Show access for you only and badges are NOT transferable as they are checked with a government issued ID (passport, driver’s license) at the entrance to The NAMM Show exhibit halls. In addition, all non-member attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
- What should I bring with me?
You should bring the following with you to The NAMM Show: comfortable shoes, as there are literally “miles” of exhibits; a printed copy of your emailed badge confirmation; and photo identification – this will be required at every entrance.
Note: Rolling luggage/handcarts, personal music instruments and instrument accessories are prohibited at The NAMM Show. Bag check is available at some hotels, but not in the ACC.
- Can I purchase 'demo' instruments from exhibitors?
No. The NAMM Show is a trade-only show held to promote the exchange of information between wholesale buyers and sellers. Retail selling on the show floor is strictly prohibited. While visiting exhibits we ask that you remain aware of the business being conducted between exhibitors (red badges) and buyers (blue badges) and yield accordingly.
- What airport should I fly into?
The recommended airports are:
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Where should I park?
We will share this information in early fall.
- What can I do to pre-plan for my time in Anaheim at The NAMM Show?
We will share this information in early fall.
- Can I register and purchase a GenNext badge onsite?
Yes. You are still able to purchase a badge onsite. The on-site registration fee after the deadline is $50.
- I still have questions. Who should I contact?
Founded in 2006, The NAMM Foundation represents the generosity and philanthropy of the music products industry. Its mission is to advance active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs.