Nonprofit Management Institute
The NAMM Show - January 16–19, 2020 - Anaheim, California
Providing Musical Nonprofits Resources to Grow and Succeed
A series of seven progressive sessions that cover best practices, fundraising and governance and more. The program provides a certificate of completion to partner and grantee organizations, as well as to musical nonprofits that complete the series. Registration and housing to attend The 2020 NAMM Show is now open.
Each winter, music nonprofits, NAMM Foundation partners and grantees, gather in Anaheim, CA to participate in the unique networking opportunities that at The NAMM Show. Show attendees are invited to participate in the Nonprofit Management Institute, which offers educational opportunities to organizations.
Organizations who attend the shows will have access to discover new products, learn new skills and connect with nonprofit professionals
Attendees who attend all nonprofit sessions will receive a certificate of completion from The NAMM Foundation and their organization name listed on The NAMM Foundation website. Organizations will also receive the these benefits:
- Access to the Show Floor
- A listing on The NAMM Show mobile app and in the NAMM Member Center
- Access to nonprofit professional development
- An invitation to attend a nonprofit networking reception
- Early registration notification to The 2020 NAMM Show
Nonprofit Management Institute educational sessions include: governance and strategic direction, program development, fundraising and development, and more.
Certificate of Completion Requirements:
- Attendance at all seven nonprofit sessions.
- Submit an online essay within five days of The NAMM Show describing what you learned and how it might be applied to your work.
Registration and Hotel Information
Details on how to register for the show and where to stay.
Registration for The 2020 NAMM Show is now open. Follow these instructions to register for a badge:
1. To begin registration, click here and click on “Registration...Get Started.”
2. When asked, “Are you a current NAMM member,” select “No.”
3. When asked, “Does your organization manufacture, distribute or sell products/services...” select “No.”
4. When asked, “Please provide your company/organization/school name," type the name of your nonprofit.
5. When asked, "Which professional community reflects the industry in which you work most?," select "NAMM Foundation," and then select "NAMM Foundation Partner," "NAMM Foundation Grantee," or "NAMM Foundation Nonprofit."
Once completed, you will receive an email letting you know of your pending badge registration. Within a few business days you will receive a badge confirmation via email that includes a bar code to be used to pick up your badge on site.
Book your hotel room, here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions asked about the Nonprofit Management Institute
- What are the exhibit hours for The NAMM Show?
Thursday, Jan. 16 10 am – 6 pm
Friday, Jan. 17 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday, Jan. 18 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, Jan. 19 10 am – 5 pm
- Can anyone attend The NAMM Foundation events at The NAMM Show?
The NAMM Foundation hosts events specifically for NAMM non-members such as college students majoring in music (GenNext), music educators/school administrators (Music Education Days), and NAMM Foundation partners/nonprofit organizations; anyone with a badge is welcome to attend NAMM Foundation events.
- If I register and attend The 2020 NAMM Show through the Nonprofit Management Institute, does my badge allow me access to the show floor at the Anaheim Convention Center?
Yes. Your badge allows you access to the show floor as well as any events at the Hilton Anaheim, during show hours.
- I noticed that my badge allows only "limited access" to the trade show. What does "limited access" mean?
Your badge allows access to the trade show exhibits all hours, and all days. “Limited access,” means that your badge does not give you access to the exhibit hall before or after show hours.
- Where do I pick up my badge onsite?
Badges may be picked up at one of these Badge Will Call locations:
- ACC, Arena
- ACC, Back of Hall B/C (Exhibitors only)
- ACC, Hall E Ticket Office
- ACC, Car Park 1
- ACC, Transit Plaza
- Marriott, Outdoor Tent
- Marriott, Platinum Desks
- Hilton, Lower Level, Tour Lounge
- May I bring a guest?
Your badge allows NAMM Show access for you only and badges are NOT transferable as they are checked with a government issued ID (passport, driver’s license) at the entrance to the NAMM Show exhibit halls. In addition, all non-member attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
- What should I bring with me?
You should bring the following with you to The NAMM Show: comfortable shoes, as there are literally “miles” of exhibits; a printed copy of your emailed badge confirmation; and photo identification – this will be required at every entrance.
Note: Rolling luggage/handcarts, personal music instruments and instrument accessories are prohibited at The NAMM Show. Bag check is available at some hotels, but not in the ACC.
- Can I purchase 'demo' instruments from exhibitors?
No. The NAMM Show is a trade-only show held to promote the exchange of information between wholesale buyers and sellers. Retail selling on the show floor is strictly prohibited. While visiting exhibits we ask that you remain aware of the business being conducted between exhibitors (red badges) and buyers (blue badges) and yield accordingly.
- Which airport should I fly into?
The recommended airports are:
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Where should I park?
Parking and badge pick up locations will be available closer to the show. Please check back for updates.
- Can I register and purchase a Nonprofit Management Institute badge onsite?
Yes. You are still able to purchase a badge onsite after the badge deadline. The on-site registration fee is $50.
- I still have questions. Who should I contact?
For Nonprofit Management Institute inquiries, please contact Jessica Cortez.
For housing and registration inquiries, contact Bethany Gilbert.
Founded in 2006, The NAMM Foundation represents the generosity and philanthropy of the music products industry. Its mission is to advance active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs.