January 16–19, 2020
Nonprofit Management Institute at The NAMM Show
Anaheim Convention Center • Anaheim, CA
Providing Musical Nonprofits Resources to Grow and Succeed
A series of seven progressive sessions that cover best practices, fundraising and governance and more. The program provides a certificate of completion to partner and grantee organizations, as well as to musical nonprofits that complete the series.
Each winter, music nonprofits, NAMM Foundation partners and grantees, gather in Anaheim, CA to participate in the unique networking opportunities at The NAMM Show. Show attendees are invited to participate in the Nonprofit Management Institute, which offers educational opportunities to organizations.
Attendees who attend five of SEVEN (7) nonprofit sessions will receive a certificate of completion from The NAMM Foundation and their organization name listed on The NAMM Foundation website. Organizations will also receive these benefits:
- Access to the Show Floor
- A listing on The NAMM Show mobile app and in the NAMM Member Center
- Access to nonprofit professional development
- An invitation to attend a nonprofit networking reception
Nonprofit Management Institute educational sessions include governance and strategic direction, program development, fundraising and more.
Certificate of Completion Requirements:
- Attendance at five of SEVEN (7) nonprofit sessions.
- Submit an online essay describing what you learned and how it might be applied to your work.
Enjoy a variety of entertainment including prestigious awards, performances and networking events throughout the show.
The NAMM Foundation Celebration for Music Education
Gather on the NAMM Yamaha Grand Plaza to kick off The NAMM Show with special guests.
Network with, and learn more about, the organizations that share The NAMM Foundation’s mission to increase opportunities for people to learn and make music.
Grand Rally for Music Education
A celebration for music education to honor its champions and advocates.
Drum up enthusiasm for music making at NAMM’s annual all-industry drum circle, a can’t-miss NAMM Show rhythm celebration!
Unleash your Island Spirit at our ukulele circle, where you’ll learn the basics of the instrument known as the “jumping flea.”
Roomful of Pianos
This event features two nights of symphonic masterworks, performed on the nation's foremost assemblage of pianos.
Registration for The 2020 NAMM Show is now open for music nonprofits, and NAMM Foundation partners and grantees. Access all the benefits of the show by following the instructions below.
- Begin your badge registration and select "Get Started".
- When asked, “Are you a current NAMM member,” select “No.”
- When asked, “Does your organization manufacture, distribute or sell products/services...” select “No.”
- When asked, “Please provide your company/organization/school name," type the name of your organization.
- When asked, "Which professional community reflects the industry in which you work most?," select "NAMM Foundation," and then select "NAMM Foundation Partner," "NAMM Foundation Grantee," or "NAMM Foundation Nonprofit."
Once completed, you will receive a badge confirmation email within a few business days.
Get access to a robust hotel block powered by our official partner, EventSphere, to make it fast and easy to find the right hotel for the show.
- Discounted hotel rates
- Parking, WiFi and breakfast specials at select hotels
- No deposit due at time of booking
- Flexible cancellation policies
- Discounted rates on upgrades
- Reservation relocation protection
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions asked about the Nonprofit Management Institute
- What are the exhibit hours for The NAMM Show?
Thursday, Jan. 16 10 am – 6 pm
Friday, Jan. 17 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday, Jan. 18 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, Jan. 19 10 am – 5 pm
- Can anyone attend The NAMM Foundation events at The NAMM Show?
The NAMM Foundation hosts events specifically for NAMM non-members such as college students majoring in music (GenNext), music educators/school administrators (Music Education Days), and NAMM Foundation partners/nonprofit organizations; anyone with a badge is welcome to attend NAMM Foundation events.
- If I register and attend The 2020 NAMM Show through the Nonprofit Management Institute, does my badge allow me access to the show floor at the Anaheim Convention Center?
Yes. Your badge allows you access to the show floor as well as any events at the Hilton Anaheim, during show hours.
- I noticed that my badge allows only "limited access" to the trade show. What does "limited access" mean?
Your badge allows access to the trade show exhibits all hours, and all days. “Limited access,” means that your badge does not give you access to the exhibit hall before or after show hours.
- Where do I pick up my badge onsite?
Badges may be picked up at one of these Badge Will Call locations:
- ACC, Arena
- ACC, Back of Hall B/C (Exhibitors only)
- ACC, Hall E Ticket Office
- ACC, Car Park 1
- ACC, Transit Plaza
- Marriott, Outdoor Tent
- Marriott, Platinum Desks
- Hilton, Lower Level, Tour Lounge
- May I bring a guest?
Your badge allows NAMM Show access for you only and badges are NOT transferable as they are checked with a government issued ID (passport, driver’s license) at the entrance to the NAMM Show exhibit halls. In addition, all non-member attendees must be 18 years of age or older.
- What should I bring with me?
You should bring the following with you to The NAMM Show: comfortable shoes, as there are literally “miles” of exhibits; a printed copy of your emailed badge confirmation; and photo identification – this will be required at every entrance.
Note: Rolling luggage/handcarts, personal music instruments and instrument accessories are prohibited at The NAMM Show. Bag check is available at some hotels, but not in the ACC.
- Can I purchase 'demo' instruments from exhibitors?
No. The NAMM Show is a trade-only show held to promote the exchange of information between wholesale buyers and sellers. Retail selling on the show floor is strictly prohibited. While visiting exhibits we ask that you remain aware of the business being conducted between exhibitors (red badges) and buyers (blue badges) and yield accordingly.
- Which airport should I fly into?
The recommended airports are:
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Where should I park?
Parking and badge pick up locations will be available closer to the show. Please check back for updates.
- Can I register and purchase a Nonprofit Management Institute badge onsite?
Yes. You are still able to purchase a badge onsite after the badge deadline. The on-site registration fee is $50.
- Which educational sessions do I need to attend to receive the certificate?
Certificate of Completion Requirements = Attendance at five of SEVEN (7) nonprofit sessions.
Please attend five of the following sessions to receive your certification:
- Mapping a Successful Future: The Role of Strategic Planning
- Title IV: Why It Should Matter to You
- I Have a Story to Tell: Effective Use of Social Media
- The Music Education Ecosystem: The Interplay of Policy, Advocacy, Research and Practice
- Effective Programs: Stories from All Sides of Success!
- Starting a Nonprofit: What to Do and How to Do It
Attendance at the Make Music Day Alliance Forum is not required.
- I still have questions. Who should I contact?
For Nonprofit Management Institute inquiries, please contact Jessica Cortez.
For housing and registration inquiries, contact Bethany Gilbert.
Founded in 2006, The NAMM Foundation represents the generosity and philanthropy of the music products industry. Its mission is to advance active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs.