Our Vision, Mission, and Objectives
Our Business Model: The Circle of Benefits
NAMM reinvests the proceeds from our trade shows and membership to grow the industry.
We fund research on the benefits of arts education, lobby policymakers, and fund charitable activities.
We envision a world in which the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone; a world in which every child has a deep desire to learn music and a recognized right to be taught; and in which every adult is a passionate champion and defender of that right.
Founded in 1901, NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) has a mission to strengthen the music products industry and promote the pleasures and benefits of making music.
- Produce successful tradehows that serve our Members and the industry thus ensuring the growth of NAMM's Circle of Benefits model.
- Recruit and retain Members by making NAMM services an invaluable tool for success
- Convene stakeholders around industry issues to provide tools and strategies to help Members address challenges and pursue opportunities
- Provide relevant and high-value educational programs for NAMM Members
- Promote music education as a right for all children
- Create, fund and market programs, initatives and public relations campaigns designed to encourage people of all ages to make music
- Promote and represent the shared interests of NAMM Members to elected officials and policy makers in the United States
- Expand NAMM's Circle of Benefits model by pursuing new opportunities globally
- Increase global attendance at NAMM trade shows
- Convene a global coalition of stakeholders around industry issues