Oral History Information
Fred Buch has always been interested in combining electronic technology with pipe organs. When he entered the pipe organ business in the 1957, electronic organs were not sufficiently advanced to provide a high quality pipe sound. Fred added pianos and home organs in 1960 resulting in a three store operation. Hearing that the Rodgers Instrument Corp. was interested in combining electronics and pipes, Fred became a representative of Rodgers in 1972. At that juncture, his company name was changed to Buch Church Organ Company to focus on pipe & electronic organ custom installations and service.