Oral History Information
Fred Morgan was one of the few GI’s, returning home from World War II, who were accepted to the Conn School of Musical Instrument Repair the first year it started. The year was 1946 and Fred was excited to learn first hand at the factory from many of the craftsmen who built the instruments from the start. Although the school only ran for a few years it produced a large number of repairmen who set up their own shops all across the country. Fred’s Repair Shop is located north of Sacramento in Rocklin, California.