Oral History Information
Wolfgang Teller joined the family musical instrument making business in 1980. His grandfather, Oskar, formed a small shop in 1928 and his father, Horst, joined him in 1949. When Wolfgang finished his apprenticeship it was decided to move the workshop from Bubenrueth, Germany to close by Neukirchen and the shop name was changed to Wolfgang Teller Gitarren & Zithern Company. Wolfgang’s dedication to the art of his craft led him to complete his master’s examinations and later becoming Zupfinstrumentenbaumeister. He also won several Bavarian State Prizes including the gold medal at the 1989 Trade Fair in Munich.