International Travel: Visa Information & Letter of Invitation
NAMM is looking forward to welcoming our community from around the globe to The NAMM Show, and our goal is to create a smooth and seamless travel process as you plan to attend the show. Travel regulations in the United States are continuously evolving, and for the latest information regarding requirements relating to COVID-19, please visit the CDC's website.
The United States State Department has created the Visa Wizard, a tool to help identify if you are required to obtain a visa when traveling from your country of origin. Please note that some countries are part of the Visa Waiver Program, and you are not required to obtain a Letter of Invitation. If your country is part of the Visa Waiver Program, you may instead register for your Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval before travel.
To obtain your Letter of Invitation from NAMM, you must first register for The 2023 NAMM Show via NAMM's official registration page.
Please read the instructions below to request a visa letter of invitation.
- Request Your Letter of Invitation
Follow these steps to request a letter of invitation:
Upon completion of the badge registration process, you will receive an email confirmation that includes a "Visa Letter of Invitation" link at the conclusion of the email. Upon clicking this link, you will be redirected to the registration site. Please note that to begin requesting a Letter of Invitation, you must have an account and be logged in at registration.namm.org.
When logged in to the registration site, you will see your badge and a series of links. To request your Letter of Invitation, click the "Send Letter of Invitation" (highlighted in the above image) and complete the form. When the form is submitted, an email will generate that includes an attachment of a PDF of your Letter of Invitation.
We recommend that when working to obtain your Letter of Invitation, to keep you email inbox open as you will receive correspondence throughout the process. A PDF version of your Letter of Invitation will be delivered via email.
If a mistake has been made inputting information to generate your Letter of Invitation, you may start process over at anytime by repeating the steps above.
- Visa Application Instructions
- Schedule an appointment for a visa interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy. For more information, please visit the U.S. Visa Information page.
- Be prepared for your interview. Take the Letter of Invitation to your appointment along with your valid passport or government identification, evidence that you have funds to cover expenses in the United States and evidence of compelling social and economic ties to your home country. The Consular Officers who interview are looking for evidence that you will return to your country.
- Be specific about the dates of your travel to and from the United States. If you have already secured your hotel and plane tickets, provide your round-trip travel itinerary and confirmation of your hotel reservation with your application.
- Complete all official documents and answer all questions completely. If the answer is no, write “no” or “none.”
- Provide any materials or correspondence from NAMM to prove it is a legitimate business event. An example would be a confirmation of your badge registration to attend The NAMM Show.
- Be prepared for the visa fees and accepted methods of payment by the U.S. Embassy.
Please be aware that employees of NAMM cannot assist you with the visa interview process, but please inform NAMM of your situation. NAMM can only provide a letter of invitation (LOI), so please reach out to your local embassy or consulate for more information and to process your application.
Member and General Attendee Qualifications
To qualify as a NAMM Member attending The 2023 NAMM Show, your NAMM membership must be valid through April 15, 2023.
To qualify as a General Attendee attending the 2023 NAMM Show, you must be affiliated with at least one of the following categories: Pro audio engineer, live sound professional, entertainment technology professional, theme park operator, touring and staging professional, venue and studio representative, houses of worship representative, educator/instructor, student, buyer of music, sound and event technology products.
Registration for the 2023 NAMM Show opens for NAMM Members on October 19 and for General Attendees on October 26.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need a visa?
Countries that participate in the U.S. Department of State Visa Waiver Program may not require a visa. Visit the page to check if your country qualifies.
Why do I need a letter of invitation?
If you are traveling from a country that requires a visa to travel to the United States, you may request a letter of invitation from NAMM. This letter will inform the U.S. Embassy that you will be in the United States to conduct business at The NAMM Show and will return to your home country when the show is over.
What if my visa request is denied?
If you are denied, reapply immediately and provide any requested information at your next interview. If you are delayed or denied again, please submit an inquiry about your case by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-663-3198.