10 Apps Music Retailers Can Live By
CJ Averwater of Amro Music treated music retailers to his top 10 list of apps at Summer NAMM 2014. These apps have worked for his business and everyday life.
Averwater focused on practical, no-frills apps that addressed retailer business practices and efficiencies—versus the top apps in entertainment, communication and mobile commerce that many already use (e.g., Facebook and eBay). He noted the majority of smartphone and tablet users in the audience and advised everyone to get started with at least one app on the list. Using his iPad, CJ demonstrated how easy and quick the mobile experience can be and how it can create a rewarding customer experience to protect and build your brand.
Here’s Averwater’s top 10 list. (Watch the full video for the complete session.)
1. TurboScan — Scan documents quickly.
2. Expensify — Simplify expense reporting.
3. SamCard — Scan business cards and save them to your contacts.
4. Any.do — Organize and manage your to-do list.
5. UberConference — Conference call for free.
6. Google Hangouts — Conference call over the Internet.
7. LastPass — Manage passwords.
8. NAMM App — Schedule, map and manage your NAMM Show calendar.
9. PDFpen — Sign and annotate PDFs.
10. Videolicious — Create videos in a flash.
Finally, Averwater recommended Expensify as the biggest time-saver, as it frees him up to focus on sales.