Summer NAMM On-Site Terms and Conditions
Last updated April 14, 2021
Before receiving your badge onsite and entering the 2021 Summer NAMM Show, you will be asked to acknowledge and accept the following Onsite Terms & Conditions.
Please take a moment to review this document before arriving at the show as this will allow us to get you inside and exploring all that the Summer NAMM has to offer much more quickly.
COVID Assumption of Risk, Release, and Waiver of Liability
I, the undersigned, in order to attend the 2021 Summer NAMM Show agree to the following terms:
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
I understand and acknowledge that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and has been classified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted asymptomatically and can lead to severe illness and death. I recognize that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious illnesses exists in any place where people are present and that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Summer NAMM Show may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others who may attend the event or their families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. I also understand that NAMM, the city of Nashville and hotel community cannot eliminate my risk of contracting COVID-19 in connection with my participation in the Summer NAMM Show.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I have read the safety information above concerning COVID-19. I hereby voluntarily assume all known and unknown risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with attending the Summer NAMM Show. I agree that the Summer NAMM Show is of such value to me that I accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to attend the Summer NAMM Show in person.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SUMMER NAMM SHOW, I HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS NAMM, MUSIC CITY CENTER AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “GROWTH PARTIES”), OF AND FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO EXPOSURE, INFECTION, AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19, WHETHER ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER CAUSED BY FAULT ON THE PART OF ANY GROWTH PARTY, IN CONNECTION WITH MY PRESENCE AT THE NAMM SHOW.
CHOICE OF LAW
I understand and agree that the law of Tennessee will apply to this Assumption of Risk, Release, and Waiver of Liability (“Release and Waiver”), regardless of that jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. I understand that this Release and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law, and that if any portion of this Release and Waiver is held invalid, the remainder will continue in full legal force and effect. This Release and Waiver shall extend to and be binding upon me and my estate, heirs, executors, administrators, and personal representatives.
AGREEMENT TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS RELATED TO COVID-19
In addition to all rules and regulations relating to my attendance at the Summer NAMM Show, I agree to comply with all COVID-19-related procedures, whether written or oral, that may be implemented by NAMM or the Music City Center and hotel community, including, but not limited to, mask-wearing and social distancing requirements and restrictions on certain activities that carry higher COVID-19-related risk, regardless of whether, at any time, I have had or have previously been diagnosed with COVID-19, and regardless of whether I have been vaccinated against COVID-19, in order to protect as much as possible the health and safety of all Summer NAMM Show attendees. I understand and acknowledge that all such policies are mandatory and my adherence to them is a condition of my attendance at the Summer NAMM Show.
In addition, I agree not to attend any portion of the Summer NAMM Show if I fall within any of the categories below. By attending the Summer NAMM Show, I certify that I do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who within 14 days prior to the Summer NAMM Show have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and loss of smell or taste, among others.
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the Summer NAMM Show, have been advised to quarantine by a medical professional or public health agency due to possible exposure to COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR
I agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, and loss of taste or smell) and contact NAMM at firstname.lastname@example.org if I experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after attending the Summer NAMM Show.
I understand that I will be asked each day that I come onsite to certify that I am not sick and do not have signs or symptoms of COVID-19. I will not enter the Summer NAMM Show if I am experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. I acknowledge that common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose
- I will immediately isolate myself and leave the Summer NAMM Show and notify event staff if I, or someone I have been in close contact with, is exposed to COVID-19, exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, or receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
- I expressly agree to fully comply with appropriate COVID-19 health and safety measures and protocols for attendance at the NAMM Show, including the requirement to always wear face masks (covering the mouth and nose) and maintain appropriate physical distance. If needed, NAMM will have limited face masks available for those attendees who do not bring their own masks to the event. NAMM reserves the right to remove any attendee from the Summer NAMM Show for failure to adhere to the required COVID-19 health and safety measures and protocols, including wearing a face mask.
- While in attendance at the NAMM Show, I will make every effort to always follow CDC-recommended hygiene procedures, including frequent hand washing (or a suitable sanitizing alternative), avoiding touching my eyes, nose, and mouth in public places and covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue or the inside of my elbow.
- I expressly assume, and release the National Association of Music Merchants, Inc. (“NAMM”) and any of its affiliates from, all risks, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses, whether or not reasonably foreseeable, associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with my participation or presence at the NAMM Show , including, without limitation, all risks of harm, damage, illness (including viruses or illness from any communicable disease) or injury (including death) to or related to my person or property.
- I grant NAMM the right to use my name, image, and likeness, including but not limited to any photographs or video taken of me at the show, for marketing purposes.
- ATTENTION: Exhibitors and Sponsors at NAMM Show may utilize badge scanning to follow up with you after the show. Please be aware that by permitting an exhibitor/sponsor to scan your badge, your contact information including address, email, phone & fax will be shared with the exhibitor/sponsor, and the NAMM Show will no longer be in control of how your information is used. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- NAMM reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER, AND FREELY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUME THE RISK AND WAIVE MY RIGHTS CONCERNING LIABILITY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.