DMCA Takedown Policy
DMCA TAKEDOWN POLICY.
The following summary outlines NAMM’s policy for responding to notices of alleged copyright infringement claims. It is NAMM’s policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). NAMM respects the intellectual property of others. Copyright owners who believe that their intellectual property rights have been infringed through the on-line services provided by NAMM may contact NAMM through their authorized agent and request that the infringing material be removed or access to it blocked. NAMM’s designated “Agent for Notice” of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at DMCAAgent@namm.org.
Proper notification of copyright infringement must be sent to NAMM’s Agent for Notice (as designated above) and must include the following information:
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, § 512(c)(2), if you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced and is accessible on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our DMCA Agent with a written communication containing the following information.
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material that is requested to be removed;
- your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by you or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- an electronic or physical signature of you or someone authorized on the copyright owner's behalf, to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
Claims of infringement that include the above required information must be submitted via postal mail or e-mail to our DMCA Agent as follows:
5790 Armada Drive
We will comply with the Copyright Act and after removing the content, we will provide the rights owner’s name, your email and the details of your report to the person who posted the content you are reporting.
We reserve the right to remove any posted submission that infringes the copyright of any person under the laws of the United States upon receipt of a notice that complies with the requirements of 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). We have adopted and reasonably implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of repeat infringers. United States law provides significant penalties for submitting such a statement falsely.