The NAMM archives recently received a generous donation of multiple vintage C. Meisel catalogs from former Meisel Accessories LLC President, Neil Lilien. One catalog of special interest in Neil’s donation dates back to 1898!
The Carl Meisel company started in 1629 in Germany and eventually expanded to include a US division in 1878. The original US location could be found on 10th Street in New York and eventually migrated to New Jersey. Over time the Carl Meisel company underwent many transformations to include a name change to C. Meisel, then to Meisel Stringed Instruments. In 2017, Neil sold the Meisel name to RS Berkley of Scotch Plains, New Jersey.