Music Educators Welcome at the 2012 NAMM Show
The NAMM Foundation today invited music educators and school administrators from across the United States to come to Anaheim, Calif. to experience NAMM’s fifth annual “Music Education Days,” being held on Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 21 through Jan. 22 at the 2012 NAMM Show.
Hosted by the NAMM Foundation, music educators and school administrators will have access to NAMM’s premier trade-only music products trade show, where they will be encouraged to see and try the many instruments and products relevant and useful to today’s music classrooms.
“Now in its fifth year, Music Education Days continues to celebrate music educators and their very important role in inspiring children to learn to play music and at a time when unity and advocacy for music education are needed,” said Mary Luehrsen, executive director of the NAMM Foundation. “This event has built a reputation for providing music educators with a behind-the-scenes look at the most effective and relevant approaches to teaching music today, and the chance to see the innovative instruments and products that make playing music fun and inspirational for children.”
Highlights of “Music Education Days” include:
- Welcome breakfast reception Saturday morning featuring a performance by National Show Choir Champions: Brea Olinda High School “Masquerade”
- Welcome breakfast reception Sunday morning, featuring a performance by the world-famous Canadian Brass “Quintet”
- Choir clinic featuring composer, music educator and choreographer John Jacobson, also known as “Mr. Double Dream Hands" from YouTube fame
- Brass Ensemble clinic featuring the Canadian Brass “Quintet” and a local student ensemble
- Live interview with composer legend Sammy Nestico hosted by the NAMM Oral History program "Best Practices for Student Recruitment and Retention" session by music education consultant Marcia Neel
- "Must Have Music Apps for Music Educators" music tech session by Managing Director of SoundTree and TI:ME Vice President Dr. Jim Frankel
- School Band & Orchestra’s 2012 "Best Tools for Schools" awards on Sunday afternoon, featuring the best products for teaching being displayed at this year’s NAMM Show
- Hands-on educator workshops, industry panel discussions and a plethora of displays featuring the latest and greatest musical products from around the world.
Registration for Music Education Days is $25 per person from Nov. 3 until Jan. 5, 2012, and $50 per person from Jan. 5, 2012 to Jan. 18, 2012. Music educators can apply to register online before Jan. 18, 2011, by clicking here. http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=5w7ndndab&oeidk=a07e4toqxtv23042091
Secure a hotel room from Sept. 21 to Dec. 27 by visiting http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2012/hotels.
About the NAMM Foundation
The NAMM Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to advancing active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs from the international music products industry. For more information, interested parties can visit www.nammfoundation.org.