Last Updated: February 21, 2022
NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is a not-for-profit association within the musical instrument and sound and event technology industry. This Privacy Notice describes NAMM’s policies and practices regarding its collection, use and sharing of personal information
How We Collect Personal Information
Types of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
NAMM collects personal information about our members, customers, vendors and others with whom we interact. Minimally, this is typically business contact information such as first name, last name, job title, employer name, work address, work email, and work phone number, but may include other information as further described in this notice. We use this information to market, improve and provide our products and services and otherwise operate our organization, including providing membership services, organizing and promoting NAMM events, generating and disseminating trade and industry information, providing information about NAMM’s various other programs and activities, and for such other uses as described in this notice.
When you become a member of NAMM, we collect information about your company and individual contacts who work at the company, including names, email addresses and phone numbers, company address, and the size, and type of business. Members have a profile on our website and authorized member representatives may update, supplement, or delete their member profile information (although certain minimum member information must be maintained by us).
We use members’ company and personal information for membership administration, to deliver member benefits, and to inform our members of NAMM-related events, content, and other benefits or opportunities associated with membership. NAMM also use this information to help us understand our members’ needs and interests so that we can better meet them and to improve our products and services.
NAMM organizes, hosts and participates in trade shows and other live events during the year. If you register for one of our events and you are a member, we will access the information in your member account for purposes of facilitating your registration for the event. If you are not a member and you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information for that purpose. In either case, we request supplemental information from attendees about themselves and their interests, preferences, and demographics and we use this information to facilitate attendee preferences and to tailor the event programming and communications according to their expressed interests. Some of this information is collected through mobile apps makes available that are designed to allow attendees to access live event information and help them plan their attendance. We keep information from attendees about themselves and their interests, preferences, and demographics and we use this information to facilitate attendee preferences and to tailor the event programming and communications according to their expressed interests. Some of this information is collected through mobile apps makes available that are designed to allow attendees to access live event information and help them plan their attendance. We keep a record of this information and your participation at events and use it to help us tailor and improve future live events and programs. Some of this information may be optional as indicated by the event registration form on our website or in the app.
If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer, contact, and biographical information, and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter.
Some of our events are sponsored. At times, NAMM will provide an attendee list and contact information (email and physical address) to sponsors, co-sponsors and exhibitors of our events for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing and promotional information. NAMM and third party participants at our events (sponsors, exhibitors, general attendees) may create video and audio recordings of the live event including of attendees generally and of particular presentations and performances. It is not possible to guarantee that you will not be recorded in this manner if you attend a live event
Publication and blogs
NAMM offers a great deal of content for our members. In addition to producing original content on our website and through blogs, NAMM also subscribes to news feeds and blogs produced by others, which we often link to from our website and newsletters. This means you may find yourself on the NAMM website or reading an email from NAMM and we will offer you a link to another organization’s website where you will find content or information that we find relevant and useful to you. At these times, you will be leaving the NAMM website. NAMM is not responsible or liable for content provided by or privacy practices of these third-party websites.
You may subscribe to receive certain NAMM newsletters and other publications without becoming a member of NAMM, however, to receive NAMM newsletters by email, you will need to create a “profile” with us, which minimally requires providing your first name and last name and email address. We may use this information to provide information about our events, products and services. may unsubscribe and manage your NAMM subscription preferences via links in the newsletter, in your online profile, or by contacting us at membership@ NAMM.org. Please note that if you have set your browser to block cookies, this may have an impact on your ability to unsubscribe.
Your Correspondence with NAMM
If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of NAMM events, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and the like.
Payment Card Information
You may choose to purchase goods or services from NAMM using a payment card. Typically, payment card information is provided directly by users, via NAMM’s website. NAMM may retain certain payment and billing information except that the credit card number itself is stored by NAMM’s third party credit card processor, not by NAMM, and may be retained for purposes of processing the recurring or future purchases you request, such as recurring membership fees and the like.
Other Ways We May Use Your Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information for the following purposes.
- To administer, protect, operate, and maintain our website, systems and networks;
- To help deliver information about our offerings to our customers and prospective customers;
- To customize, measure, and improve our website, services, and advertising;
- To analyze and develop new products, services, and websites or improve existing ones;
- To perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, collection, and similar administrative activities;
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond to, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities,
- prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- To perform other activities consistent with this notice.
- Strictly Necessary - these are required by our website to perform certain functions such as allowing you to log in to your member profile or make online purchases;
- Functional – these help to improve your experience by doing things like remembering products you’ve added to your shopping cart or remembering certain preferences you have set;
- Analytic – these are used to analyze, in an aggregated manner, the way our website is used so that we can improve the website and our offerings. We use Google Analytics for this purpose; and
- Advertising – These cookies record browsing activity on our website and others as well as links and advertisements you have clicked. They are set by third party advertising networks we use and their purpose is to allow delivery of our advertisements to you on other websites based on your inferred interests as indicated by the information they record. They also may be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign;
Most Internet browser settings will allow you to accept, reject, delete and otherwise manage cookies. You can find more information about this at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also avoid receiving cookies by browsing our website using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, and “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari). Blocking our strictly necessary cookies will prevent certain functions of our website from working properly or at all. In addition to managing Google Analytics by managing its cookies, you can deactivate Google Analytics by using a browser plug-in found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?
Note that links on our website and mobile apps may lead you to third-party sites that operate under different privacy practices. We want to caution you that they must take the responsibility of reviewing the privacy policies and notices for such other sites, as we have no control over information that is submitted to these third parties. California - Do Not Track Disclosure Our Website does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking through cookie management as discussed above. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com/
When and How We Share Information with Others Where applicable, we share personal information in the follow ways:
- With our affiliated organizations (e.g. those under common control with us);
- With our partners, suppliers or agents involved in delivering or fulfilling the products and services you’ve purchased, including lodging and travel management providers when you book travel through our website;
- With select Endorsed Services Providers to communicate to you about their goods and services that may be of
- interest to you;
- We publicly promote the exhibitors at our live events, which may include sharing individual email addresses the exhibitors provide us for that purpose;
- With service providers engaged to perform services for, or on behalf of us in our operations including our marketing activities;
- With fraud-prevention, credit references, and business and credit scoring agencies;
- With debt collection agencies or other debt-recovery organizations;
- With law enforcement agencies, government bodies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities
- if we have to, or are authorized to by law;
- To satisfy any applicable law, or other legal or regulatory requirement;
- With third parties for joint promotions with that third party. They’ll be responsible for their own compliance with applicable privacy laws and their use of personal information;
- With third parties where our advertisements are served to you online;
- With a third party with which we are engaged in an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves substantially all of our assets where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets
International Transfers of Personal Information
NAMM has its headquarters in the United States and information we collect from you in other countries will be transferred to and processed in the United States, although certain of our service providers may then access the information from outside the United States. We endeavor to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal information consistent with the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Data Subject Rights
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may have the right to access or correct the personal information we maintain about you and, in some cases, you may require that we delete the information, or object to or request that we restrict our processing of the information. You can access, correct, and delete your profile information through profile settings on our website, although we require that certain minimal member information be provided and kept up to date. Other such requests may be directed to us at the contact information in the ‘Questions, Concerns or Complaints’ section of this Privacy Notice.
Security of Your Information
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Changes and Updates to the Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this notice from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this notice the date it was last updated. When you visit this our website or provide us your personal information under circumstances covered by this notice, you are accepting the current version of this notice as posted at that time. We recommend that you revisit this notice on occasion to learn of any changes.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
You may contact us about matters pertaining to this notice at the following:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Attn: Privacy at NAMM
National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM)
5790 Armada Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92008 USA
|NAMM Privacy Notice||56.83 KB|